Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Stuck in Limbo

Stuck in Limbo 6 years 3 months ago #727

• Dreamer
  • You don't have a soul. You are a soul. You have a body.
I feel like I'm getting nowhere.

I have dreams, aspirations, and mighty goals, with no way to reach them. I know exactly who and what I want to be, but no plan to get there. I am surrounded by people whose only reassurance is, "You're too young to do any of this. When you get older, you'll reevaluate and decide whether all these great plans are realistic." It makes me want to scream.

Is there such a concept as being too young to reach for the stars? Am I just supposed to sit here quietly, waiting to reach the somehow-perfect age (whatever that is), and only then reevaluate and say, "Oh, well, none of this is really realistic, so let me just live my life and die without having created any kind of change in this world"?

The speech you can find by following the link I've attached seems to contradict all those ideas, but I'm not sure what to think anymore.

Can someone please help me out?

www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQI_XBmlQLU
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Stuck in Limbo 6 years 3 months ago #728

• Hadas Bat-el
  • Administrator
  • Founder of FHO
  • Thank you received: 20
Of course not! You're never to young to make any change!!!
Perhaps you aren't good with plans.
Maybe find an adult who believes in your dream and try to make a concrete plan.

I had a dream to make this website from 15, and created it at 17. I have so much plans and I'm still a teen. I know I am young, but I can do it.
Welcome to the FHO forum!
I'm Hadas Bat-el founder of FHO! I'm also a poet, blogger, writer, copywriter, and proud redhead! You can read my blog here: frumhangout.com/index.php/blog/item/hadas-bat-el-2 , I post every Sunday!

I can't wait to get to know you all! So what are you waiting for?! START POSTING!

You can also reach me at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you have any questions, comments, or you want to help with the site!
Last Edit: 6 years 3 months ago by Hadas Bat-el.

Stuck in Limbo 6 years 3 months ago #729

• Malach136
  • Thank you received: 11
No way!! it's never too early to reach for the stars, go for it!! find your way to do it.
& don't let anything stop you!!!!
good luck!

Stuck in Limbo 6 years 3 months ago #730

• Dreamer
Thanks for the encouragement, but I've already asked my parents and friends about this, and they all think I should "give it some time."
How do I find someone who is willing to believe in my dreams and advise me in reaching for them?

Stuck in Limbo 6 years 3 months ago #731

• Hadas Bat-el
  • Administrator
  • Founder of FHO
Why can't you believe in yourself and just go for it?
Maybe talk to a teacher, or mentor?
I'm Hadas Bat-el founder of FHO! I'm also a poet, blogger, writer, copywriter, and proud redhead! You can read my blog here: frumhangout.com/index.php/blog/item/hadas-bat-el-2 , I post every Sunday!

I can't wait to get to know you all! So what are you waiting for?! START POSTING!

You can also reach me at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you have any questions, comments, or you want to help with the site!

Stuck in Limbo 6 years 3 months ago #732

• Dreamer
I'm out of school, and I don't have a mentor. Guess I'll have to go with your first suggestion.
Thanks!!

Stuck in Limbo 6 years 3 months ago #733

• Hadas Bat-el
  • Administrator
  • Founder of FHO
Look, if you truly want something, to be something, to do something, if you try hard enough YOU WILL GET THERE. Ignore what's in your way. If it's something positive, Hashem will help you get there.

At least that what Malach136 always tells me :)
I'd love to hear about your ideas.

Time to create page: 0.372 seconds