Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Why do what you do???

Why do what you do??? 8 years 6 months ago #207

• Growing
well,every day brings a new decision. Turn right turn left....do good do bad...loshon hara,lashon tov,be happy be sad. But then there are those decisisions that people dont talk about. The decisision to do what everyone else feels is right for you. In this day and age in the frum world that seems to be the thing on everysmind but what noone dares to put into words. Like really,we know that its hard,but do it for yourself not for others. People so worry abotu what others will think of how they dress,and act and wear...and why? maybe its for shidduchim,maybe because its friends...."oh she wears leggings?!?! i cant be friends with her,she isnt up to my standards" really people. Is this what the world has come to. Through every generation others have tried to kill us,and yet its us that turn our backs on eachother. Do what you do,because you believe its right. Dont be scared into tznuis cause your friends are doing it,learn teh beauty behind it and do if for yourself (ok and your future husband but thats a whole other issure) learn about brachos and the intereting halachoes that go with them. Make what you do,for you. Inspire yourself and dont wait for others to make that the "thing to do".
Have a great day,and an even better tomorrow :D
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Why do what you do??? 8 years 6 months ago #209

• JAP
  • Thank you received: 1
I was walking to shul yom tov and it bothered me when I became all self conscious that hey I'm the only one walking now..so late... like I was almost embarrassed to walk in at that hour. and it bothered me why I thought so. im a person for myself and cant follow what others do just because that's the norm! and that goes to all aspects of life!!

Why do what you do??? 8 years 6 months ago #210

• Growing
Good for you for realizing that! And for feeling that way. Instead you should have been thinking"its amazing and beautiful that I am going to shul" how many Jews do not? its a wounderful thing and Hashem was so proud of you for going and for even walking in late. Congrats as growing as a person for youself:D

Why do what you do??? 8 years 6 months ago #211

• JAP
Hey I like the way you put it. I actually didn't think of it this way but you do have a point. I just thought that I should be a person for myself and not always be busy what others are doing or thinking of me....thanks for the insight!

Why do what you do??? 8 years 6 months ago #212

• Growing
Exactly,you should be a person for yourself. Thats great and i am so happy you are out there somewhere feeling that way! my pleasure, anytime:D

Why do what you do??? 8 years 6 months ago #213

• Malki
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 20
Easier said than done that's for sure!!!

But for sure... living you're life for other people's approval can't be a very fulfilling life, right??
'A person can't decide to sit on the sidelines in this world. Once we're born, we're on the playing field that means we have to pick up that ball of life's challenges and begin running with it towards our goal'

Why do what you do??? 8 years 6 months ago #214

• JAP
Right, even though I felt that way then doesn't mean I feel that way all the time. It's something we have to work on constantly. But a note of caution, this way of thinking can sometimes lead us to doing some not nice things (to put it mildly) too. So we gotta be careful when and how we use it!!! Good day to you all!
Last Edit: 8 years 6 months ago by JAP.

Why do what you do??? 8 years 6 months ago #215

• Growing
Malki- right,and thats a major issure these days. People are not living their lives with the best they can,they arent reaching their potential cause others are telling them what to do and feel and noone can know someone elses potential when its hard enough for oneself to know.

but it def can seem fulfilling. You just tend to feel like you are doing the right thing,because your doing what others want.

JAP- very true. We have to use our heads,our OWN heads. Think before we do,ask ourleves why we are doing what we are,and if we truey want to, and IYH we will all impprove greatly:D
Time to create page: 0.602 seconds