Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: What makes one a good friend?

What makes one a good friend? 6 years 8 months ago #651

• LiveAndLearn
  • Thank you received: 1
Hey,

What would you say makes a person a good friend? What would prove you that someone is your friend? Or, put differently, how would you show friendship to somebody?

I see for myself that the definition of a friend varies between people - and what seems natural to one person is a mark of HUGE friendship from another.

Any opinion? :)
What is the right thing for me to do NOW?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

What makes one a good friend? 6 years 8 months ago #662

• Hadas Bat-el
  • Administrator
  • Founder of FHO
  • Thank you received: 20
I think if you have a good friend, you could have a conversation with her in general and find out what is important for her. Whether it's loyalty, being there when she really needs, remembering her birthday, everyone has thing that are more important and less so.

I think a good friend is someone who respects you, treats you as an equal, helps you go higher spiritually and/or emotionally, pushes you to reach your potential, beleives in you, and someone you have fun with!
Welcome to the FHO forum!
I'm Hadas Bat-el founder of FHO! I'm also a poet, blogger, writer, copywriter, and proud redhead! You can read my blog here: frumhangout.com/index.php/blog/item/hadas-bat-el-2 , I post every Sunday!

I can't wait to get to know you all! So what are you waiting for?! START POSTING!

You can also reach me at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you have any questions, comments, or you want to help with the site!

What makes one a good friend? 6 years 8 months ago #690

• Ellie
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 10
Loyalty. Someone you can trust.
There are different kinds of good friends. Friends to just have fun with. Friends to share with. Friends who'll be there for you. For me, someone who is loyal and I can trust is what makes a good friend. Such people aren't necessarily people who'll know me well. They could be people I won't share with. But if they're loyal they can be friend :)
And yeah, I like what Hadas says. Someone who respects you, believes in you and you can have fun with...
Time to create page: 0.188 seconds