Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Nervous and I'm still in high school

Nervous and I'm still in high school 6 years 1 month ago #821

• Rena
  • Thank you received: 6
I'm nervous about shiddchum.
It's stupid really, cuz after all, I'm a high schooler, it's the last thing on my mind.
But all I read are stories and articles about this crisis.
What's it really like?
Is there really a crisis or hype?
It got dark, you think you've been buried but in reality you've just been planted.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Nervous and I'm still in high school 6 years 1 month ago #830

• Mimi Starr
  • "Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right."
  • Thank you received: 2
It depends on which community you come from. In some communities, the boys are having a harder time, in others, it's the girls. And, in some communities, there's no major crisis for either of them.

But all that doesn't really matter. Trust me, I know what it's like to worry about things waaayy in advance: I spent my entire high school experience doing it. But you need to trust that Hashem will lead your bashert to you at the right time, as long as you put in the effort and remain open-minded.

Nervous and I'm still in high school 6 years 2 days ago #834

• Hadas Bat-el
  • Administrator
  • Founder of FHO
  • Thank you received: 20
Hmmm everything is from Hashem.
You can call it a crisis, hype, or whatever you want to be honest but finding your match has nothing to do with the people around you, just like anything else that happens in your life. Just because a friend just got divorced, or your sister is 36 and single, it doesn't matter, none of these things have any affect on God's plans for you.

You aren't a nation, a crisis, or a population. You are one person.
If you believe Hashem is running everything than percentages don't matter.
If God wants you to get married, you will get married even if studies show currently 0 percent of the population is finding their match.
Welcome to the FHO forum!
I'm Hadas Bat-el founder of FHO! I'm also a poet, blogger, writer, copywriter, and proud redhead! You can read my blog here: frumhangout.com/index.php/blog/item/hadas-bat-el-2 , I post every Sunday!

I can't wait to get to know you all! So what are you waiting for?! START POSTING!

You can also reach me at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you have any questions, comments, or you want to help with the site!

Nervous and I'm still in high school 5 years 11 months ago #855

• Rena
  • Thank you received: 6
Hmm, so I must agree with both of you.
I guess it's an emotional hyped up thing, I mean realistically of course it's a fear, just like any other fear of not getting into seminary, not finding a job, etc.

I should get back to studying...instead of worrying about shidduchim :P
How many users here are actually in shidduchim?
It got dark, you think you've been buried but in reality you've just been planted.

Nervous and I'm still in high school 5 years 11 months ago #864

• StillFighting
  • Thank you received: 9
Me:) that makes one if i'm the only one that answers..

Not getting married and worrying about shiddichum is a valid fear at any stage youre at until you're actually there. I've been in Shiddichum for a few years now and all I can say is that the one and only thing that pulls you through is a complete Emunah and Trust in Hashem that He knows whats best for you and will send it when the time is right.
Worrying is natural, believing is not. Let go of it if you can because whether you do or don't worry whatever will happen will happen anyways:)

Hashem Should bless you, you should find the one that's right for you quickly and easily and with clarity!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Hadas Bat-el, Malach136, Mimi Starr

Nervous and I'm still in high school 5 years 11 months ago #869

• Malach136
  • Thank you received: 11
i'm in shidduchim now, and i agree, the only way to get through this is emunah,

never had those fears before but they definitely are valid...
Time to create page: 0.396 seconds