Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Links to interesting videos or articles

Links to interesting videos or articles 8 years 1 week ago #496

• Ellie
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 10
I just watched this video on chabad.org. I wanted to share it with you all
Rabbi with ALS still a master communicator
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Links to interesting videos or articles 8 years 1 week ago #498

• Rebotzin
  • Thank you received: 2
cool!
**They laugh at me because Im different,
I laugh at them because they are all the same.
**If you are not for yourself, who will be for you?

Links to interesting videos or articles 8 years 6 days ago #518

• Ellie
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 10
I don't like that every new article is posted as a new topic....

here's one that I just read...

Refined Silver

A group of women were studying Tanach. They came across a passuk in Malachi, 3,3: "And he shall sit as a refiner and purifier of silver: and he shall purify the sons of Levi, and purge them like gold and silver.” This verse puzzled the women and they wondered how this statement applied to the character and nature of Hashem.

One woman called up a silversmith and made an appointment to watch him work. She didn’t mention anything about the reason for her interest beyond her curiosity about the process of refining silver.

As she watched the silversmith work, he held a piece of silver over the fire and let it heat up. He explained that in refining silver, one needed to hold the silver in the middle of the fire where the flames were the hottest, in order to burn away the impurities.

The woman thought about Hashem holding us in such a hot spot. Then she thought again about the verse: “He sits as a refiner and purifier of silver.”

She asked the silversmith if it was true that he had to sit there in front of the fire the entire time the silver was being refined. The man answered, “Yes”; that not only did he have to sit there holding the silver, but also he had to keep his eyes on it the entire time it was in the fire. If the silver was left even a moment too long in the flames, it would be destroyed.

The woman was silent for a moment. Then she asked the silversmith: “How do you know when the silver is fully refined?” He smiled at her and answered: “Oh, that’s easy. When I see my image in it.”

If today, you are feeling the heat of the fire, remember that you are in the hands of Hashem. He has His eyes on you and He will keep holding you and watching you until He sees His image in you.

Author Unknown

Links to interesting videos or articles 8 years 4 days ago #519

• basmelech101
  • Thank you received: 6
That is beautiful!!
Thanx Elie
Before I knew the best part of my life had come, it had gone…

Links to interesting videos or articles 8 years 3 days ago #523

• Malki
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 20
Thanks- keep them coming.
Now we know this is the thread where all your articles r gonna be posted, I'm gonna be checking in here often!!
Anything else for the Pesach spirit?
'A person can't decide to sit on the sidelines in this world. Once we're born, we're on the playing field that means we have to pick up that ball of life's challenges and begin running with it towards our goal'
Time to create page: 0.192 seconds