Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Giving Hashem Nachas / Causing Hashem Pain, how is this possible?

Giving Hashem Nachas / Causing Hashem Pain, how is this possible? 5 years 6 months ago #976

• fcmt
In davening it says Yehi Chevod Hashem L'Olom Yismach Hashem bi’ma’asav
I have also heard that when a person is in pain Hashem is in pain (I think the source is בכל צרתם לו צר (Yeshayahu 63:9)
As Hashem is the First Cause, it seems these verses are not meant to be taken literally, (i.e. a First Cause can't be happy/sad as there would have to be a cause that would be causing them to be happy/sad in which case the First Cause wouldn't be the First Cause as the First Cause is causeless) so how are we supposed to understand these verses?

Sending this to the rabnical board.
Will post an answer when I get it.
Chag Sameach!
- Hadas Bat-el
Last Edit: 5 years 6 months ago by Hadas Bat-el.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Giving Hashem Nachas / Causing Hashem Pain, how is this possible? 5 years 5 months ago #978

• Hadas Bat-el
  • Administrator
  • Founder of FHO
  • Thank you received: 20
So sorry for the delay! FHO was on a bit of a break during the chagim, but things should be moving forward now. I'm trying to get an answer, hold tight!

Meanwhile, what does anyone else think?
Welcome to the FHO forum!
I'm Hadas Bat-el founder of FHO! I'm also a poet, blogger, writer, copywriter, and proud redhead! You can read my blog here: frumhangout.com/index.php/blog/item/hadas-bat-el-2 , I post every Sunday!

I can't wait to get to know you all! So what are you waiting for?! START POSTING!

You can also reach me at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you have any questions, comments, or you want to help with the site!
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.231 seconds