Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: WhoKnows

WhoKnows 8 years 4 months ago #302

• WhoKnows
Hello!
Truth be told, the idea of introducing myself to people is a little intimidating - I am highly introverted and don’t enjoy crowds of people. Actually, they usually exhaust me and make me want to hide out in a cave with only a book for company.
But priorities can and do draw me out of my cave, so here I am! Here to keep growing and hopefully help others to do the same.
A little about me; I grew up affiliated Modern Orthodox and attended public school from K-12. After several tutors, G-d sent me to learn in seminary in Jerusalem for a couple of years.
Nowadays, I guess most people would label me “Yeshivish,” although the idea of calling myself Yeshivish is still quite new to me.
Looking forward to getting to know you, learning, and growing with you!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

WhoKnows 8 years 4 months ago #303

• Ellie
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 10
Hi WhoKnows B)

I really identified with what you wrote - highly introverted, hate crowds, rather hide in a cave with books. Hey, how do you know me so well???

Where are you up to now? You working? Studying? Both?

Labels are so meaningless... they identify you for yourself, but don't feel like you have to label yourself, for regardless of whether you call yourself modern orthodox, yeshivish, dati etc, you're still on the same trajectory, heading onwards and upwards...

Have a great day!!

Ellie

WhoKnows 8 years 4 months ago #311

• WhoKnows
Hi Ellie,
I'm actually in my second year of seminary right now, trying to figure out what to do next year, and how to set myself up for success in whatever I do choose.
Above all, I guess I'm just trying to live with G-d, so that He should always be real and present in my life. How that will manifest itself, and what other people will call it, we'll just have to wait and see.
Channukah sameach!

WhoKnows 8 years 4 months ago #313

• Malki
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 20
Hey WhoKnows,

Welcome, welcome, welcome!!

We need help livening up the forum so stick around and keep posting :-)

Malki
'A person can't decide to sit on the sidelines in this world. Once we're born, we're on the playing field that means we have to pick up that ball of life's challenges and begin running with it towards our goal'

WhoKnows 8 years 3 months ago #315

• JAP
  • Thank you received: 1
a bit late in my welcome. though you dont seem to stick around... but neither do i.....

WhoKnows 8 years 2 months ago #327

• Malki
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 20
How can we get more people to stick around.

It'll be so much better if this place was buzzing, no?
'A person can't decide to sit on the sidelines in this world. Once we're born, we're on the playing field that means we have to pick up that ball of life's challenges and begin running with it towards our goal'
Time to create page: 0.187 seconds