Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Hi Awesome people

Hi Awesome people 8 years 1 month ago #338

• Rebotzin
  • Thank you received: 2
hi guys.
Im so happy to know the amazing "malki" behind this, and that I was introduced to this fantastic site! I wish i knew about this a few years earlier though, would have helped alot. But im looking forward to continuing to grow and learn from everyone!

So.. for the big question... Who Am I?

I was a typical Bais Yaakov girl. I dressed the dress, walked the walk, talked the talk, and even had Yichus to brag about. But when I picked up a siddur, it was out of habit; not because I had a connection with Hashem. Baruch Hashem I've been blessed with a thinking mind, and I challenged my teachers at the early start of 6th grade with questions from “Why Rashi had to give two answers?”, to “Is there really a Gd in this world?”. I asked, but didn't really get complete answers. When 8th grade came and the question as to which high school to continue with was posed at me, I was stumped.I decided to take the path less trotted. I chose a highschool which had AMAZING staff but was not one you can brag about on a "shidduch Resume".. if you get my drift. :P
My parents were very against my decision, and tried to do everything to convince me otherwise. I still don't know what gave me the strength to keep to my idea and fight against them, but somehow I did. I set up my interview and attended it by myself. Baruch Hashem I got accepted,and with the help of the amazing school and staff, I and started on the journey of rediscovering Judaism and myself.
I would be lying straight through my teeth to say that it was an easy journey. It was murderously hard. I entered a school without knowing a single girl, and just a few staff members. The mindset of the girls was unlike what I had ever encountered. It was hard to decide who to become friends with, and who to keep a distance from. It was hard to stick up for what I thought was right when everyone said it was wrong. I did make mistakes, and follow what my friends did, sometimes without thinking if it aligned with my values, but I also learned how to stay true to what I believe in and stick up to what I felt was right.
The classes and staff were amazing, I shot questions right and left, got answers, and challenged those. As i became more and more involved in Student activities, I learned that there is more to a classroom which makes a person. I learned how to use my "craziness" (some would say ADHD) in the right way.
Becoming the proud person i am today let me to make some sacrifices. In order to swallow the truth, we have to take away everything that is stopping us. Its like swallowing a pill when your tonsils are swollen, it just doesnt go down.
Taking out the tonsils is hard. Its letting go of people who I thought was my friend. It was finding other ways to keep myself busy. Staying connected to people who lived it.

Im not perfect, far from it. I still do stupid things. I still Listen/say/watch stuff i prob shouldn't. But I am trying my hardest to sort through everything to find the truth, and whatever it takes to implement it.

Anyway, so ya, thats me in a nutshell. hopefully we will all learn more about each other from this awesome place!
Im syched!
**They laugh at me because Im different,
I laugh at them because they are all the same.
**If you are not for yourself, who will be for you?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Hi Awesome people 8 years 1 month ago #341

• Hadas Bat-el
  • Administrator
  • Founder of FHO
  • Thank you received: 20
You sound very inspiring! I can't wait ti hear more from you! I feel very empowered hearing about the mature decision you made going to the place that you needed vs the one everyone "wants".

Hatzlocha and WELCOME!
Welcome to the FHO forum!
I'm Hadas Bat-el founder of FHO! I'm also a poet, blogger, writer, copywriter, and proud redhead! You can read my blog here: frumhangout.com/index.php/blog/item/hadas-bat-el-2 , I post every Sunday!

I can't wait to get to know you all! So what are you waiting for?! START POSTING!

You can also reach me at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you have any questions, comments, or you want to help with the site!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rebotzin

Hi Awesome people 8 years 1 month ago #351

• thingone
  • Thank you received: 1
Why do I like you already?

You seem thought out and smart-glad we "met"

Hi Awesome people 8 years 1 month ago #362

• Rebotzin
hahha hope i can keep to your standards!

cant wait to get to know you more!

Hi Awesome people 8 years 4 weeks ago #418

• Ellie
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 10
Hi B)

So, your big question - who are you - you know the answer?

I, for one, don't think I'll ever truly know who I am - just a statement of fact.
Though, others laugh at me when I tell them that I don't know them. Like, what do you mean that you don't know me? Of course you do. But, I don't, not really. I don't know who I am, not really. And who I am, would never be something that I could ever put into words, and would ever want anyone to know - other than God. Oops, sorry for rambling...

Have a great day!

Hi Awesome people 8 years 4 weeks ago #420

• Rebotzin
Ellie wrote:
So, your big question - who are you - you know the answer?!

Ellie- you got me on this one.
I can parrot back the answer i was trained to say "I am a tzelem Elokim" which is in essense true.
But ive discovered something to add to that.
I am the moral Decisions that I make
The following user(s) said Thank You: Hadas Bat-el

Hi Awesome people 8 years 2 weeks ago #493

• Rebotzin
hi guys.
Jewish guilt is takin over.....................Guys! so sorry ive been MIA. I promise its been on the top of my list of things to do.. but than i blinked & it was 2am so i crawled into bed. & repeated that the past few days.

Ahhhh. Ellie im with you- im zonked!
I really gotta put my self back on a normal sched!

hows everyone else?

Hi Awesome people 8 years 2 weeks ago #494

• Hadas Bat-el
  • Administrator
  • Founder of FHO
  • Thank you received: 20
I'm good. Super busy. But still doing a lot of things I should not be doing and not doing anything I should.
Got a madconet in tonach today :P Not much more to write
Welcome to the FHO forum!
I'm Hadas Bat-el founder of FHO! I'm also a poet, blogger, writer, copywriter, and proud redhead! You can read my blog here: frumhangout.com/index.php/blog/item/hadas-bat-el-2 , I post every Sunday!

I can't wait to get to know you all! So what are you waiting for?! START POSTING!

You can also reach me at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you have any questions, comments, or you want to help with the site!

Hi Awesome people 8 years 2 weeks ago #495

• Ellie
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 10
Sounds familiar ;)

Hadas Bat-el you've an exam in tanach? (just checking that I've understood what that meant...)
Last Edit: 5 years 10 months ago by Hadas Bat-el.
Time to create page: 0.225 seconds