Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: getting and connecting

getting and connecting 7 years 5 months ago #632

• jennifer
Throughout my teenage years I constantly struggled. My house contained an abusive mother and an abusive and non religious sibling. I was doing terribly. I had no one to talk to, was always depressed and slept through school. I was crying for help but no one noticed. Until the age of 15. Then someone took a look at me, gave me a hug and said i\'m here if you need me.
This person introduced me to the greatest gift in my life- my therapist. And no, I did not discover the right person right away. It took 4 years and 4 different therapists until I clicked. But boy is it worth it. She\'s not my mentor. She is there to help me understand myself, get rid of my pain and assist me in attaining my goals. It is super hard to do all that work, but it is definitely worth it. So if you feel like you can use someone to talk to, reach out. Ask your parents- if you can! Or you can call relief an organization that will give you a referral and may be helpful with insurance or funding.
Remember you are worth all that work
The administrator has disabled public write access.

getting and connecting 7 years 3 months ago #636

Wow!
Thats amazing :) , Must have been so hard for you to go through that.

I\'m in therapy too:)

getting and connecting 6 years 11 months ago #641

• Malki
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 20
Jennifer,
Thanks for sharing a small aprt of your story- it contains so much pain, and it\'s great to see the happy ending too.
I like the reality check of not-finding-your-therapist-straight-away. It\'s important for people to know that it\'s not always going to be the first person that you have an appointment with.
Thanks again for sharing and KEEP POSTING! You\'re an inspiration to us all.
'A person can't decide to sit on the sidelines in this world. Once we're born, we're on the playing field that means we have to pick up that ball of life's challenges and begin running with it towards our goal'
Time to create page: 0.175 seconds