Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Tzniyus for boys

Tzniyus for boys 5 years 6 months ago #957

• Boruch Gold
  • Thank you received: 1
Hi guys!
Whats the consensus of tzeniyus for boys, we can dress how we like; but can we really?
I'm formulating my thoughts on the matter, [ie struggling but realizing the way up... ]but what do you say?

Tzniyus is a way of living, a way of being, it's affects more than your clothing and more than just females. Tzniyus is a middah, a character trait.

- Hadas Bat-el
Last Edit: 5 years 6 months ago by Hadas Bat-el.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Tzniyus for boys 5 years 6 months ago #964

• Boruch Gold
So your saying that it's a character trait.
Can you define it in English?

Tzniyus for boys 5 years 6 months ago #965

• Hadas Bat-el
  • Administrator
  • Founder of FHO
  • Thank you received: 20
Define what a character trait is?
What are you asking?
Welcome to the FHO forum!
I'm Hadas Bat-el founder of FHO! I'm also a poet, blogger, writer, copywriter, and proud redhead! You can read my blog here: frumhangout.com/index.php/blog/item/hadas-bat-el-2 , I post every Sunday!

I can't wait to get to know you all! So what are you waiting for?! START POSTING!

You can also reach me at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you have any questions, comments, or you want to help with the site!

Tzniyus for boys 5 years 6 months ago #966

• Boruch Gold
Tzniyus is a middo - what is the middo, a middo of wearing clothes? A middo of being invisible? Quiet? Refined?

Tzniyus for boys 5 years 6 months ago #967

• Hadas Bat-el
  • Administrator
  • Founder of FHO
  • Thank you received: 20
Refinement.

The first ttime tzniyus is mentioned in the Torah refers to when in battle, when soldiers needed to relieve themselves they would do so in a private place and cover up the remnants afterwards, unlike other armies.

So nothing to do with women, clothing, or being invisible.
Welcome to the FHO forum!
I'm Hadas Bat-el founder of FHO! I'm also a poet, blogger, writer, copywriter, and proud redhead! You can read my blog here: frumhangout.com/index.php/blog/item/hadas-bat-el-2 , I post every Sunday!

I can't wait to get to know you all! So what are you waiting for?! START POSTING!

You can also reach me at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you have any questions, comments, or you want to help with the site!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Boruch Gold

Tzniyus for boys 5 years 6 months ago #969

• StillFighting
  • Thank you received: 9
Along those lines... Tznuit can also mean a way of privacy. In keeping our homes, our lives and our relationships private and personal. Beracha rests in the places that modestly is found and regardless of your gender its incumbent on us to learn.
Boruch considering you have a wife and children - image the details of you relationship our for all to see. and in the same regard with Hashem. Tznuit - in a way of refinement, modesty and privacy is a way of life and Middah to develop like any other. Men included

Tzniyus for boys 5 years 6 months ago #974

• Rena
  • Thank you received: 6
Continuing on the point HB made, it does affect your dress and all that, but that's just an expression of it's root. Does that make sense?
It got dark, you think you've been buried but in reality you've just been planted.
Time to create page: 0.579 seconds