Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Random writings that don't fit into any thread

Random writings that don't fit into any thread 8 years 5 months ago #284

• Ellie
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 10
This is for anything that doesn't fit into any other titles
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Random writings that don't fit into any thread 8 years 5 months ago #285

• Ellie
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 10
I wrote this some point in school for a public speaking class. Sorry, I really don't know where it comes in but there has to be SOMETHING in this thread or it will be BORING.

Hello! My name, in case any of you don’t know, which I’m sure you all do, is Ellie. I’m in Grade 10, just like most of you are. I’m standing in front of you now because, as most of you probably realize, I’ve been asked to give a speech. Me, little me, has been asked to speak to all of you. But what should I speak about? How can I give a speech to all of you? Will you all listen attentively? This all flits through my mind as I wonder; what is expected of me? So now, I’m standing in front of you, and I am expected to speak. So speak I will. What about will remain a mystery for the moment, or rather, it won’t anymore as I’ll reveal to you all the great secret. I, Ellie, am standing in front of you all today, with no real topic in mind. There is so much to choose from; I can start off by speaking about telephones, or, maybe I should talk about something more original, how will the apes from Gibralter suffice? But maybe no one will be interesting in boring monkeys, thus that subject is removed from my list. What does… does… hmm… I know, a topic that has never been spoken about before, will teens at risk hold your attention? But you know, that’s a very controversial subject. Lets think of something more run of the mill. I don’t know, I can’t think of anything. I’m only a little Grade 10 girl so what do you expect from me, how can I lecture all of you about something I’m not absolutely certain about? Maybe I should talk about the stars – there are 106434 to the power of 13, stars in the whole world, that is such a vast number. I can see that none of you are really listening avidly, and it just doesn’t interest you, so what is there left for me to talk about to you? How about… no, not that, I know, the Show! Kay, so I’ve got a topic that everybody will like, but nothing to expand on. So I have to find something else. You know what, my time is almost up... Therefore I better start to wind down my speech, and, I’ve got the best topic to talk about, but my times almost up so I will just give you the title and leave you at that. The long awaited title is… How do you expect Ellie, a mere 15 year old to give a speech in front of a class without knowing what to speak about?!?

I'm just reading it through, it's not as good as I remember it to be... when I was 15 it was good though :( , at least I thought so :) *jump, jump, jump*
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.289 seconds