Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Planning, planning, planning

Planning, planning, planning 7 years 11 months ago #536

• Ellie
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 10
Various things I'm nervous about, that whenever they've occurred in the past, I haven't had the tools to deal with, and am still learning how it could have been different. I'm sure in the future I'll see way more than I'm aware of now that is so.
What I find helps - or hope will help - is planning. Visualizing what will be, and visualizing ahead of time how I will respond - how I will react emotionally (in each situation that will be different, whether to realize that it's not my issue, or I'm not crazy, or whatever), how I will reach physically, and, how I will respond - what I will actually say. Planning in advance the various responses that I can give to maintain my safety. In some situations that will be happening, that's what I hope to do enough so that when it happens, it will be okay. Other things I'm nervous for, I don't need to plan what I will say for it only involved myself, but the rest of it helps, to know what I will do when it occurs. Hopefully it will help, I mean!
Have a great day!
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rebotzin

Planning, planning, planning 7 years 10 months ago #551

• Malki
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 20
Interesting you say that... I recently heard a class explaining a similar concept- tell me what you think.

She was talking about all the different kinds of things that make you nervous, anxiety inducing and can keep you up worrying. As long as there's a time frame, there's something to work with. You know regarding Pesach cleaning that on the 9th day- it'll all be over. If you have a big speech to give in front of a room full of people- by the end of the night, it will be over.

It's our task to have in the forefront of our minds the time when it's going to be over. When life will go back to normal. That makes the task underhand that much easier to get through.

Right now, I'm not entirely sure of my plans for next year. But, at the end of the day I can picture September 1st coming along and I will be SOMEWHERE. So I'll do my research and planning, but I don't have to worry and stress out, because it's going to end.

Not sure who can relate, or if there are any other examples in your life...
'A person can't decide to sit on the sidelines in this world. Once we're born, we're on the playing field that means we have to pick up that ball of life's challenges and begin running with it towards our goal'

Planning, planning, planning 7 years 10 months ago #558

• Ellie
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 10
I don't remember what I wrote, but what you're saying makes a lot of sense.
For example - I've a course that is ending in a week or so. I'm nervous, for I haven't done the work, I've a backlog of work, and, I don't honestly see how any of it can happen, but, it's just a week or so. That's all I have to focus for. Then, it's over. It's part of living in the present, that, come to think of it..
I'm falling asleep, so don't know if this is going to make any sense... (let me know if I'm talking nonsense ;) )
Good luck with your plans for next year.
Time to create page: 0.337 seconds